Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Easter 2008




I love holidays where as parents you get to relive your childhood. This Easter the "Easter Bunny" brought Emma the movie "Enchanted" which I loved and probably wanted more than her. As a parent, we buy what WE really want when it comes to giving our children gifts, right? (you know you do this!) The "Easter Bunny" also gave Emma some clothes that were supposed to be given on her birthday, but the "Easter Bunny" had forgotten about them in the basement. Poor Brielle just received a plush bunny that is probably lost somewhere. I think what Emma wanted to do the most was color Easter eggs which we did Saturday morning. She had a great time and I had to take a picture of each color we did. Then we met Nick's sisters at JC Penney for our annual grandchildren picture event. That was absolute chaos as we tried to get 7 children--from ages 6 to 1--to smile (or even look) at the camera. Then, we went to Nick's parents house for dinner and an egg hunt. Later that night, the anticipation was so high that Emma came out of bed 3 times to see if the Easter Bunny had come (he was coming in Santa's sleigh, according to Emma, so he could get around faster!). Easter Sunday involved more eggs, more candy and more fun. The funnest part for me was dressing the girls up in their Easter dresses. They looked so cute. Thank goodness for Nick's mom who finds their dresses the year before so all I have to worry about are the accessories. Just another excuse to buy my children what I really want!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Rachael, how is it that somehow I didn't know you had a blog?! I probably knew and forgot or something. Anyway, It's been fun to read all your adventures. I perked up when you mentioned thieving a charm. If I haven't mentioned it already, I appreciate you descending into the depths of shoplifting to get me my charm! glad you had fun!

Jylaire said...

Glad you had a great easter! Don't you love how we splurge on the older ones, and just give the babies a "token" so that the older ones don't think they were forgotten? Too funny!