Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sisterly Love



I feel like sometimes in addition to being a mom, I am a referee. My girls are three years apart so I know there will be sister squabbles along the way, but I was hoping that would wait until their teenage years. Most of the disputes are with Brielle coming in Emma's room and messing up her toys. We have had many, many discussions about slamming the door in Brielle's face. I try to give Emma some time alone and I also let Brielle in her room so they can play together a little. I have noticed that Emma has been better at including Brielle in what she is doing. Today, in fact, I was cleaning up lunch and I had sent the girls to Brielle's room to play. I always shut the door so Brielle will not escape and after I was done I peeked through the crack to see what they were doing. My dear, sweet Emma was sitting across from Brielle holding her hands and teaching her the "patty-cake" song. Brielle was giggling her head off! I ran to get the camera and of course by the time I got back, Emma was coming out to see if we could go look at her potato bug collection. So I made her go back in the bedroom and do a reenactment of their patty-cake song. So much for "candid" pictures, but at least I can pull this picture out in about 10 years and show them that they used to have fun together.

1 comment:

Susan said...

ha! I make my kids re-enact the moment for pictures too! Aren't mother's crazy?