Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Solemn Assembly

Today I was looking forward to watching General Conference and sustaining our new prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. Emma was watching with me and was excited to participate and kept asking when she got to stand up (she kept raising her left hand, too). She asked who each person at the pulpit was and mentioned that she missed President Hinckley (she had mentioned yesterday that President Monson's name was too hard to say and thats why she missed President Hinckley!!) Emma also wondered where the Conference Center was and wished that she could go see it. I told her we had been right by it when we had gone to Temple Square over Christmas. All these questions and comments from my 4 year old are amazing to me. I love these moments!!! I think as mothers we need moments like these to build up our patience for when that same 4 yr old slams her bedroom door into her sisters head in order to keep Brielle out of her room (yes, both moments were within an hour of each other!!!)

No comments: