Thursday, March 27, 2008

Heaven's Art Project

Children's thoughts and comments continue to amaze me. A couple weeks ago, Nick was taking Emma to the grocery store while I stayed home with Brielle. Emma wanted to wear her flip-flops even though it has snowed that day. First, Nick just told her he would get arrested if he took her with flip flops. (well, she obviously didn't know that was a serious offense because she wouldn't switch them.) Then, Nick explained that her toes would fall off if she wore flip-flops in the cold. With her hands on her hips, she glowered at Nick "No, they won't! My toes are glued on, huh Mom?" She looked over at me for backup. I held back my laugh, "Yes, that right." Emma turned back to Nick, "See? The people that made me glued my toes on!" Nick: "The people that made you?" (where would she head with this one?) "Yeah, Heavenly Father and Jesus made me and they had to glue and staple me together." By now, Nick and I are laughing our heads off while Emma is completely serious. I am glad she has learned where she came from. And of coarse, the only way to attach things together is with glue and staples. What a kid! I wish I could view miracles like our amazing bodies with such simpleness.

1 comment:

Jylaire said...

That is too cute! I love how serious they are! The greatest thing is that they believe it all!