Friday, July 25, 2008

My Blog Addiction

Over the last couple weeks, I have stumbled upon some blogs of people from my graduating class of 1998. I had been hoping to find out when our reunion was going to take place (I had missed our 5 year reunion, but thought it might be fun to attend this one). Well, along with finding that info, I came across other classmates' blogs and now I am addicted. It is almost like going to the reunion, but without having to talk to everyone! I have discovered that by appearance some people haven't changed much while others have (not usually in a good way). I have been surprised that some are attending dental, law or medical school when they seemed to blow-off schoolwork 10 years ago. Some of the more "wilder" classmates have gotten married and had children--thus proving that they could "settle" down and become responsible adults (I hope). I have become almost irritated at some blogs that are for invited readers only! How dare they stop me in my quest to take a peek into their lives!!! In truth, it has been like a treasure hunt to find more and more people and I have stayed up quite late in efforts to find more "treasure". Maybe after our reunion I will lost interest in finding more people. I certainly don't plan to frequently check these blogs and follow their lives. It has been interesting enough to find out that my fellow "knights" are doing the same thing I am doing..... Living their lives day by day, pursuing their careers, building their homes, bragging about their children and spouses, and blogging about it all so we can remember the next 10 years!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I have run into the same problem, I hate private blogs too! (if I'm uninvited anyway) Don't people know I like to spy on them? ....stupid question. That's why the blog is private eh?