Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kindergarten.....here we come!


It's official! Our little girl is getting ready for kindergarten and yesterday we attended the roundup! What a moment. It's like the first phase in sending your child off to school. There were a few parent tears and some children crying as they split them into groups to go and sent them off with the teachers. I'm not sure Emma even looked back at me after I showed her where to go, but my heart ached for a moment. I always thought that parents who choked up about their children heading off to school were crazy. I mean, it's exciting to learn! School can be so much fun! What's the big deal? Sigh. Until it was my child. Then, my heart ached. How could this be that my child was already old enough for kindergarten? Was it this hard when she started preschool? I don't think so. I looked around at the other parents and children and tried to point out the ones that Emma would know. But, who am I kidding? I'm pointing them out so I can see how they are handling this. I'm finding those moms to see who I'm going to know as we send our children off to school. So, I will have someone to talk to when I try to hide my tears that first day. Tears will only be allowed in the car! I want Emma to see excitement on my face because she is thrilled to be going to kindergarten. She talked about the roundup the rest of the night and even did some of the worksheets they sent home. She will only hear excitement come out of my mouth! So, ready or not.....here we come!

No comments: