Tuesday, April 7, 2009

General Conference


On a happier note, I was able to get tickets to General Conference this year thanks to my wonderful friend Cindy. (She knew this would help towards my "30 List"!) The tickets were for Sunday afternoon and since Nick was not feeling up to it, I took my Mom. We had a fun time. We listened to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on the way down, the weather was beautiful, the traffic was minimal, and that session was great. The music was my favorite part!! It is so powerful when you are actually there. I can't wait to reread some of the talks from Conference since so many seemed to be directed at me. Elder Holland has been one of my favorite Apostles since I was in college and I especially loved his talk this year!!! I also used a some ideas from March's Ensign to keep the girls more involved which helped them have fun and gave me a better opportunity to listen. I love Conference weekend!

No comments: