Saturday, June 14, 2008

Variety of thoughts

It seems I am a better blogger when I have pictures post. I feel like a crayon without a coloring book.....or a mom without a camera! Any camera would have come in handy today when I went to the basement to find Brielle covered in black marker (not washable)!! My first thought? Where is my camera when I need it? How can I prove to her that this actually happened if I don't have a picture? It would have been one great picture.
That is how my whole week has been.....like I am one step behind on everything that is going on. It hasn't helped that I have been staying up later than usual trying to finish "The Host"-- which is probably why I caught Nick's cold-- and that led me to collapse on the couch (after dinner at 8:00pm) on Monday and wonder why I feel like I am busy all the time, but still have things that I can never seem to be ready for. It's like I finish one job with not enough time to prepare for the next "thing". Where am I going wrong? I don't think I really waste time. The only downtime I have is when I read before bed or I am on the computer while the girls nap. And I feel like if I don't take these breaks I will go insane! So I am blogging all my thoughts for the week to see if it helps.
1. Why do I bother to try on swimsuits?
2. It really bugs me when people tell me what to do. It makes me want to do the opposite, even if I had planned on doing what they told me.
3. Am I selfish to want to always have a vehicle at home, even if I have nowhere to go?
4. Is there some way to avoid Walmart for the rest of my life?
5. I hate it when you have to buy 5 things for $5 instead of getting one thing for $1.
6. Will cleaning up a toddler ever get easier?
7. I love my Church calling; however, I feel like I am on the phone all the time.
8. Has the volume of mail doubled or am I just really behind?
9. I think it was last week I had complained about every day being windy and cold, and today it was almost too hot to stay outside for more than 30 minutes. We need to get our energy out!
10.I really need to exercise more. I think at one point I liked it.
11.My husband has not slept in our bed for over a week. I miss that. (He has been sleeping in the basement because he coughs so much when he lies down.) I know he just wants me to sleep well.
12.I am addicted to angel food cake. Since Mother's day we have always had one.
13.I hope my children are nice and polite when I am not around.
14.What should I make for dinner?
15.How often do you really have to dust?

2 comments:

Mel said...

I am with you on the swimsuit issue! they are swimming for young womens on tuesday, yikes. hopefully you can like working out again, like tomorrow. see ya then!

The Tracys said...

Rach- these things made me laugh! You have some really good points!