Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Unexpected Blessing

Well, we have had our van for almost exactly a year (June 28th--to be exact). I love our van. It has provided us with a lot more room to maneuver the kids, take people with us, haul stuff, or buy bigger things at Home Depot! I also love that the doors open/close by themselves. The one bad thing? A week or so after we had bought the van, we realized the air conditioning didn't work in the middle or back seats. So we decided we could finish the summer without it and hopefully save up to have it repaired this summer. Nick had just mentioned on Saturday that we should probably get a mechanic to look at it and give us a quote. I didn't want to think about it because I knew it would not be cheap. On Sunday night we were driving to my mom's house for a visit when all of a sudden we heard this whoosh sound in the back of the van. We both turned around to look and realized our air conditioning had just started working!! Out of nowhere! We had not even touched the dials that control the back end....it was unbelievable! I have had to pinch myself every time I drive it now because I just can't figure out why it would suddenly start working after a year! It is truly a blessing not to have a major car repair this summer and I know that heaven is watching over our family!

No comments: