Thursday, June 5, 2008

Death to Digital

I am so sad....yesterday morning Emma was taking pictures with our digital camera (I think I have blogged that she does this a lot). No big deal.....until she dropped it on our kitchen floor! My first reaction was "Emma! Be careful!" And then I watched her pick it up and try to turn it on. Wouldn't go....It would make the sound but the lens would not go in. I could not believe it! In the meantime, Nick came down and looked at it and then scolded Emma as well. She was crying by then because I knew she felt bad about it. We tried taking the battery out. Nothing. I thought that if we didn't bother it the rest of the day, it might come back. hmmmm....like it would get it's energy back? Nothing. I tried again this morning. Nothing. I hoped that we could get it fixed at Inkleys--where we bought it. They said the price to fix it would be just as much as buying a new one. I think Nick jinxed us. Just the other day he was saying how much digital camera's had gone down in price since we had purchased ours (approx. 4 yrs ago). I look around at everything that goes with it--the memory cards, the case, the charger! aghhhhh. It isn't only about buying a new camera, it is about buying everything that goes with the camera, too. And it isn't like we have extra money to purchase another one. But, I can't go a whole summer with no pictures of my kids playing outside, swimming, going to the park, etc. And we just sold our film camera 5 days ago at our yard sale! How ironic! I guess I could win one! yeah, what are the chances of that? So, I guess while we mourn our loss, we will be in search of a "cheaper" replacement. ugghh

4 comments:

Susan said...

Ugh! I feel your pain! Our camera was broken (don't ask me how....) just before Emma was born. We couldn't afford a new one till she was around 6-7 months old. I'm still a little bit bitter about it. We have a few random photos of her here and there, but it was devistating to miss out capturing the memories. Again - I'm still bitter about it.
If you do end up getting a new camera at Inkleys, get one that comes with free photography classes! We did that back in February, but I haven't gone to the classes yet--maybe we could go together?!

Unknown said...

Howdy y'all. :D Didn't know you were part of the blogging sensation.

Mine

Mom's

Unknown said...

1: Most cameras come with chargers.
2: Find a camera that uses the same memory card as the last one. ;D
3: Try Costco, they have these great bundles with cases and memory cards included that are really good deals. :D

^ Like this one.

Jylaire said...

Same thing happened to me last week. My camera will turn on, but the lens is permanetly stuck in the same spot. Dang those kids!