Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sun+Sprinklers+Sand+Swings= SUMMER






Well, according the the calendar and the heat it is officially summer. Last night we had no obligations so we decided to stay home and relax. I took a walk around the block with the girls while Nick mowed the lawn. When we got back, Emma pushed Brielle in the swings and then they both headed for the sandbox. I love new sand. It is so soft and cold. I put my feet in and imagined that I was on a beach somewhere. Even though our backyard is on the west side, our trees have really started to shade the backyard. The sandbox kept the girls busy for awhile and I relished in the cool shade, soft sand, and smell of freshly-cut grass. We pulled out the Otter-pops for a treat later and just before we headed inside the sprinklers came on so the girls went and stuck their hands and feet in the water. Emma and Brielle looked like the perfect summer kids--sand all over their clothes, wet grass stains on their feet, sunscreen-smelling hair, Popsicle drips down to their elbows and a smile on their faces. This is what summer is all about!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun evening! It looks like they had a lot of fun. Summertime is the best!

Mel said...

fresh cut grass is one of my favorite smells, it always reminds me of summer.

Jylaire said...

I've been DYING for summer to finally get here! We love all the outdoorsy, fun stuff, too!