Saturday, December 13, 2008

Another Concert!

I needed a picture to document Nick's involvement!

my beautiful girls playing "dress up" before we left

I am lucky to have a coworker that sings with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and frequently gives me tickets to Choir events like their annual Christmas Concert (which was last night)! I am also blessed to have a wonderful family that will baby-sit while we go to these concerts. And the biggest excitement of all was that Nick said he would go again to a Christmas concert! (I know it is not his favorite thing, but it makes me happy!) Anyway, the concert last night was fabulous. I loved the variety of all of their songs. They had a good (slightly cheesy) featured performer and another famous actor that narrated a true story about the song "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." Another favorite song was "The Hallelujah Chorus"-- no one else can sing that song like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!! I had goosebumps all night from the wonderful music. I needed something to bring back the Spirit of Christmas after my horrible week and the music from last night accomplished that. Music is always something that can touch my heart and bring the Holy Spirit into my daily life. With the new snow falling this morning, I feel renewed to make the most of the next few weeks. It is the "most wonderful time of the year!"

1 comment:

Steoger's said...

Our family was down in Slc that night and we could not figure out why the traffic was so bad! I'm glad you had a great time, though.