Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Picnic Breakfast


Today, Emma wanted to have a picnic lunch with her tea set outside on the blanket. Most of the time I am fine with a picnic on our blanket (with paper products) or a tea party without actual food. With our messy house begging for attention, I tried to think of a simpler version. It was about 8:30 am, none of us had eaten breakfast, and our backyard was still shady. What about a picnic breakfast? We had leftover cinnamon muffins that would be easy to put on plates and the only other thing I would have to take outside was milk! It was great! It was different, simple, and I think my kids actually ate their breakfast better! Too bad I didn't think of this sooner!

2 comments:

Jylaire said...

I'll definitely need to try that with my kids. They'd LOVE it! What a cute idea!

Susan said...

Wow. You guys have been busy! What fun. I think those small, simple, spur of the moment things are always the best.