Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lagoon--Round 2






We had the chance two weeks ago to go to Lagoon one more time before the summer ended. It did not go as well as the first time! We started out the afternoon like usual on Bulgy the Whale and it seemed like the girls were enjoying themselves. Then, as we were waiting for the car ride, the lady in front of us, hints to Nick that she doesn't want her 2 yr old daughter to go by herself (for some reason she had sent her older daughter with our niece). So Nick offers to send Emma by herself (fine) so Brielle could go with her daughter (not good). I could see what was coming..... Brielle cried the whole time! She looked terrified of being on this ride with a stranger plus this ride took her out of our view. I was not happy! So we try her on another ride--she wouldn't do it! By this time I was furious! Why would this woman not send her two daughters together? Why would Nick think sending Brielle with a stranger would be fun for her? We just wasted 21.00 because Brielle wouldn't ride anything! After awhil and extreme coaxing, Brielle did end up going on more rides.....thank goodness. However, 3 hours later after we had just finished dinner, Brielle trips and hits her head smack on the concrete. The giant goose egg starts immediately. It was the biggest bump I have ever seen! I was sure that she was going to start seizing or puking or something! We tried to get some ice on it. She would not let us touch it. I wanted to cry...I felt so bad for her. I wonder if she will be our "accident-prone" child? Maybe Emma got hurt all the time, too; maybe I worry more about Brielle because she is so little and seems so breakable. Anyway, it was a long day. I wasn't even in the mood for ice cream by the end of the night which is pretty bad. I guess there is always next year....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous children. You have a beautiful family and I pray only success and blessings upon you.

Anonymous said...

Not in the mood for ice cream? That must have been bad! I hope next time is better!

Susan said...

I don't like strangers. There's a reason our mothers taught us not to talk to them. :) Really I'm just jealous you got to go to Lagoon twice! I secretly really always want to go without the kids. hee hee.