Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our Dash of Summer









Brielle's two sleeping pictures just make me laugh. She looks completely comfortable and exhausted. That was what our summer felt like. We worked so hard in our yard, but we played hard as well. When we had a free night we went to Lagoon with our season passes (even though I didn't bring my camera when we went there) or we went to the Treehouse museum, or went swimming, or painted our toenails, or went to a kids' movie, or had friends/cousins come over, or had a BBQ, or go to the fireworks, etc. Each night Nick and I would collapse into bed completely wiped out from the day.  There were so many times we complained about how tired we were, but we also realized that we were having so much fun with our kids and hopefully creating a lot of good memories as a family.
We also participated in the "YES! Utah Dash for Donation". It is a walk/run at Weber State University that promotes organ donation. I ran the 5K with my brother-in-law two years ago, and I wanted to do it again to see if I could beat my time. I persuaded my friend Melanie to run with me and warned her that it was a tough one. We put a team together called the "Liver Lovers" and Nick, our girls, his mom, our brother-in-law, Melanie's husband's and toddler did the 2k walk while Melanie and I did the 5K run. It was much more fun with a big group of people. Unfortunately, we didn't win any raffle prizes, but I did beat my time by about 2 minutes! After the race, they had some fruit and pastries to snack on and then went to Great Harvest for our "real" breakfast. Nick was excited to be able to participate this time, so I think it will become a yearly tradition.

No comments: