Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Brielle's Birthday













My little girl is 3!! I can't believe it! Of course last year went by too fast, but what about the 2 years before that? Brielle is such a sweetheart. On her birthday, we were gone to my friends' wedding in the morning so she spent the day with Grandma Becky and Emma. They went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks and then a few days later we took her to see Planet 51. When we got home we straightened up the house for her party and Nick went out to buy her cake. (I felt so guilty about not making one this year....I always make my kids' cakes. But something just had to slide this time.) The party was a hit--plenty of toys and clothes--and only one meltdown. We also moved her into a "big girl bed" the following week! Boy, she has had a lot of changes over the last month! The binky is gone.....the crib is gone.....next up: potty training! Yikes! I'm hoping that all of these changes are the reason that she has had a lot of tantrums since her birthday. I'm hoping this is not an indication of what a 3 yr-old acts like. But Brielle has her own cute personality. Her sweet little voice still makes us laugh. She barely eats during dinner because she is too busy telling stories. She entertains us with her dancing and singing. She also can play by herself or look at books for a long time. She is happy playing whatever Emma wants her to play and can't wait to go to preschool next year. I'm so grateful for her in our family! She brings so much fun to our family! We love you, Brielle!

2 comments:

The Tracys said...

B-Relle is such a sweetheart! I have personally decided that 2 year olds might just be easier than 3 year olds. Isabelle has been trouble lately! I must say, Brielle can always make me laugh!

Steoger's said...

Happy Birthday to Brielle! What a cute little thing. Looks like she had a great day.