Tuesday, October 6, 2009

In my spare time....

the pillowcase dresses I made for the girls

my first 5K with my bro-in-law James
home-made salsa 2009
I decided to give myself an extension. I hate it when I don't get things done that are on my list, so it's bugging me that I still have items on my "30 list" and it is past my birthday. (My excuse is that I kind of had a crazy year!!) I'm still trying to work on the list and I am hoping I can get most of them done by the end of 2009, but we will see. So, here are a few things I've been working on.
Pillowcase dresses: they don't have anything to do with my list, but I was just so proud of myself for sewing them. I haven't sewn anything since my 7th grade windsock, so I was pretty pleased with how they turned out. I thought the girls looked cute in them.
5K: I ran my first 5K in August in the Dash for Donation. The course was at Weber State and it had two major hills to climb, but I did better than I thought. 8th place overall; 2nd in women ages 26-30. Official time: 37:35 which I know is not fast to those of you who run, but I was happy to be under 40 minutes since I hadn't run for 3 weeks prior to the race (Nick was in the hospital). I could barely walk down the stairs the next day, but it was such a great feeling of accomplishment! I liked it so much that I ran another 5K in September and I beat my time by 2 minutes! It's funny because I don't love to run, but the races make it worthwhile.
Salsa: I haven't made salsa in 5 years and Nick loves it, so I begged my mom to come help me one Friday night. We were up until 1 am, but we were able to can 7 quarts and 6 pints. It is the best salsa we have made so far. Let's hope it lasts until next year!

2 comments:

Steoger's said...

When I saw your 5K picture I hopped up and down!! Yeah for you! You're so amazing- the best part about you is that you just keep living life because what else can you do. You're an inspiration.

Susan said...

My goodness! You've been busy. I had to keep scrolling and scrolling to read all the posts I've missed. I'm impressed by it all, sewing, canning, and RUNNING! move over Martha! :)

p.s. I'm almost finished with your family portrait!