Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kindergarten

Emma's first day of school

posing on the playground

Emma found her seat at the red table

Lining up on the second day

Jill, Emma, Brielle, and Ike on the third day

building sandcastles before the bell rings

the exciting part for Brielle--the playground

I'm not sure how it happened.....but I now have a child in Kindergarten! We've talked about it since preschool ended and then in a blink of an eye, the day had come. I didn't cry as I sent her off that first day. I think I wiped the sweat off my forehead in my mad dash to get the whole family ready by 8:15am. That is why I took pictures of the whole first week....I felt rushed in all the "first day pictures". Emma has reported "Kindergarten is even better than preschool because every day is a surprise! " It has also been great to hear all of the quotes that are said during the first week of Kindergarten such as:
"A little glue will do"
"Don't be afraid of your pencil or use it as a weapon"
"Keep your hands inside your invisible bubble (personal space)"
"You get what you get and you don't get upset"
Haha. Kindergarten teachers have so much patience!

No comments: