Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sick Days

twirling to "How Does She Know?"



It has been a long week. It started mid-week last week with overall business. On Saturday, Nick called in sick to work because he was feeling dizzy, weak, and nauseated. He hasn't felt great since the first of the year. He has an extremely dry mouth which makes him drink a lot of fluids which makes him feel full so he doesn't eat much and since he is up several times a night to go to the bathroom he is tired all the time (a vicious cycle). He has had multiple blood tests for various things, but nothing conclusive. This weekend he seemed to get worse. I thought he was getting malnourished, so on Saturday I had to be the "food nazi" and force him to eat. He felt somewhat better Sunday, but I still had to practically force feed him. Grrr. Then, poor Emma was sniffling away on Sunday and by Monday she sounded bad, so the "sickies" stayed home. Today Emma didn't feel like going to dance (which was fine because I saw a bunch of girls at dance last week with red noses), but I think we have reached the boredom point!! Throughout the morning Brielle wouldn't share with Emma and Emma was purposely bugging Brielle. I ran to the basement for two minutes and missed a pinching fight, too. Ugh. So, in frustration, I let them watch a movie while I made lunch. They were in the mood for "Enchanted" and the next thing I knew they were getting their dress-up clothes on to dance and sing together. Sigh..... Thank goodness for princess movies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sick days are so hard! They are too sick to go to school, but they never seem to be to sick to stop fighting.(at least that's the case with my kids) Good luck and I hope everyone gets feeling better!

Susan said...

I feel for you! We've been taking turns with the 'sickies' at our house. It's been going for about 2 weeks now, and it looks like my turn is here!
I hope you all get feeling better too. You can always call and commiserate with me if you need to! :)