Thursday, September 11, 2008

Utah State Fair 2008

Fair--Family--Fun
Emma "helping" on the farm
Brielle "planting" her carrot seed
Emma and I on the slide
Emma's eyes were watering from laughing/screaming!

One of my earliest childhood memories is from the Utah State Fair. I remember riding on my dad's shoulders while we walked down the block to the state fair. I remember going into the huge barns to see enormous cows being milked. I remember flying down the big yellow slide on a potato sack. This is a tradition I want to uphold with my children, so for the last 4 years we have gone to the state fair. Since it runs in early September I always choose to go there for my birthday activity. We saw all the animals (somehow when you see beef cattle up close they are quite pretty!), the girls went on a pony ride, we went down the big yellow slide (Emma went by herself), and the girls helped out on the "farm". It was so much fun! It was hard to explain to Emma that we couldn't go back for her birthday (in March). The only thing I have yet to participate in is the "all you can eat ice cream" night! Yummy! Maybe next year.....


2 comments:

Mel said...

ooo, the slide looks fun! not at all what I was picturing. :)

Susan said...

That sounds like so much fun. What a great tradition. All we did is go to the greek festival and it was LAME for a lot of $$$. Emma does look like pro on that pony, and I'm totally jealous of that awesome slide. Maybe next year we'll have to invite ourselves to go with you.