Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dreaded Duty

I might be somewhat weird in the fact that I like mopping my kitchen floor. I also like the shine of a clean bathroom sink. And on Saturday's it is my personal race to finish the laundry so I don't have stacks of clean/dirty clothing laying around until Monday. But it is THAT time of year when my most dreaded job is absolutely necessary. The WARDROBE WALTZ! I start by folding all the outgrown clothing as the weather changes. Then, when the clothing that is left is only lasting two days, I brave the basement. I sprain my back under the stairs as I look for the correct tubs and I hope that the labeled side of the plastic tub is facing me so I don't have to pull them all out. Now why is there a tub labeled 1-2 yrs and another labeled 18mo-2 yrs? Great! Now I have to pull both tubs out, wash everything, take it to Brielle's room where I decide what clothing she might fit in first and hang the rest at the other end of the closet. I hate this process. It never fails that something from the previous season gets left out and I have to pull out the tubs again and hope that I can smash it in. If I had a boy and a girl I wouldn't have to do this waltz yet (but I guess I would be spending more money on clothes). The upside? As I pull out each clothing piece I picture my little Emma wearing it and I get excited to see what our darling Brielle will look like with it on!

1 comment:

The Boyles said...

I have to say I'm opposite. I HATE mopping my floors, yet I love the process of exchanging old clothes for the new hand-me-downs and sending the yucky ones to DI. Call me wierd... or you wierd, you decide =)