Monday, March 21, 2011

Randomness...





I was going through my camera and saw some pictures I had taken that had no relevance to each other, but I still wanted to post them (the truth being that I am putting off other things I should be doing instead of blogging.)  The first was our family picture taken on Emma's birthday. I thought it turned out cute and in the chaos of a party I always forget to take a picture of our family so I am happy we got this one of us.  The next picture is of Brielle painting her popsicle horse at Emma's friend party. She was so careful in painting her popsicle sticks that I think she did better than the 1st graders! And for days after, she kept asking me to finish it with her. (The finished horses still need a snapshot of them so I can throw them away.) The third picture is my first picture of Emma asleep with a book in her hand. I love these pictures. I'll be making a book out of all the book/sleeping pictures I have!  The last two pictures show some new jobs that my kids have tried. One night, I was lecturing them on the fact that they only have their rooms to clean and Nick and I have the rest of the house to maintain.  I also added that they could trade me laundry for cleaning their room. Brielle immediately liked that idea, so the next day she helped me with every step of washing the towels. The towel lineup was not what I had in mind but she was helping! Then, the girls jumped at the chance to help Nick with the dishes. It was cute watching them work together from behind them and they keep asking when they can help again! I just wish that they would get this excited for cleaning their rooms!

1 comment:

Jylaire said...

LOVE the pic of Emma asleep with the book! Too cute!