Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Lost Tooth Club


Emma has been dying to lose her first tooth. Her cousin (who is the same age) has lost at least 5 teeth and every so often she will go through a phase where all of her teeth are loose and she shows us how loose (not) they are. Her first loose tooth started this summer which I was so grateful for--finally a tooth that is loose!! However, it felt like forever for them to fall out! Her "grown-up" tooth had started to grow up behind it and we thought it would be any day....but I think that was a month ago? This week it was on it's last gum because it had bled several times after eating/brushing. Luckily, we had our 6 month check-up with our dentist today! The assistant convinced Emma that their brush would pull it out, so she put a little numbing cream, gave it a little pull, and it was out! (Emma cried...though I don't think it was painful. I think she was more scared it was going to be). Yippee! She was excited!  She got a cute little box where she is saving her tooth until all grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins see it. The dentist also recommended they pull out the other bottom three in about a month to make room for the other "grown-up" tooth. WHAT? What happened to the old-fashioned way of letting them come out when they're good and ready? It totally gives me the shivers....(I hate teeth issues--it grosses me out to look at people with bad teeth, gives me nightmares to think of working in field where you put your hand in people's mouths all day, and every time I had to "check" the looseness of Emma's tooth, I got the willies. It's just not my thing. I have a tooth-phobia, I guess.) So, I WILL NOT ever pull one of my children's teeth. Which means it's up to Nick or the dentist. We'll see how it goes with the dentist.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Show her the Tooth Fairy is real. You got to check out this cool Tooth Fairy keepsake. Free code worth $10.

http://bit.ly/9WeCgk

Steven