Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tin....I Mean....Tenth Anniversary

I've been reminiscing over the last few weeks over reaching our 10th Anniversary. That seems like a big milestone even though we will have many more years to come. I know that 50 years is Golden and 25 years is Silver so I'm thinking 10 years is at least Bronze, right? No, it's TIN!! Or in "modern" terms...Aluminium! Interesting! Who comes up with this stuff?
I've actually known Nick for over 14 years. We started working together at the movie theater when Nick was a senior. We became friends that year and I always liked working with him. When he left on his mission he asked for my address and we ended up writing to each other his entire mission. Nothing sappy or anything because we hadn't dated, but my letters filled him in on work and school and he filled me in on mission stories. I wanted to organize those letters so last week I got them out of a cardboard box and put them in sheet protectors so they would last longer. There were about 160+ letters! (I think I'm missing a few too!) I hope my kids will enjoy reading them later because Nick and I had a good time re-reading them.
Anyway, I'm so lucky to be married to such a wonderful guy. He's funny and has such a contagious laugh. He's good-looking, smart, and hard-working. He is an amazing dad and is always patient with our girls. He's very likable and he can get along with anyone. He also has a testimony in the gospel and honors his Priesthood. I can't believe it's been 10 years. Boy, how the time flies when you're having fun! Here's the breakdown of our past and present:

ONE.........new organ

TWO........children

THREE....jobs

FOUR......homes we've lived in (counting the one we're building)

FIVE.......Hospital stays (2 for me, 3 for Nick)

SIX..........pets (2 adopted horses, 4 dead fish)

SEVEN....cars (Prelude, Buick, Tercel, Gray Camry, Black Camry, Corolla, Odyssey)

EIGHT....callings (Nursery/Primary teachers, Ward Athletic director, Sunday School teachers, Primary pianist, finance clerk, YM 2nd counselor, Primary President/Presidency, 11-yr old scouts)

NINE.....vacations (Scottsdale AZ, Washington D.C./Virginia, Mexican cruise, Disneyland, Yuma AZ, Las Vegas/St George, Yellowstone, Lake Tahoe, Park City)

AND....

TEN YEARS OF MARRIAGE!

No comments: