Thursday, July 16, 2009

Super Saturday

the cute faces of my girls!


the metal slide--practically extinct!

chillin' in the shade

a little windy!


almost too big for the toddler swings!

running....running...always running


On Saturday, Nick wanted to get out of the house so we decided to pack a lunch and go play at the park. We went to Hooper Park because it is close by, totally in the shade, and has swings and a playground. It is fantastic! The girls had fun even though it was a little windy. After nap time, we went to the Ott Planetarium at Weber State where they were showing free star shows thanks to R.A.M.P. We watched two shows: one about a duck named Dudley who learns about the stars, and in the other Wilbear the teddy bear learns about flying. They were cute shows that kept the girls entertained for an hour and they also handed out glow-in-the-dark stars (which don't really work). Then we headed to Farr's ice cream shop to indulge in some delicious ice cream. Caramel Caribou: my new favorite! (I can't wait until their new store opens in Clinton!) It was a great way to end the day--sticky and tired!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! The new playground at the park is great! I think it's a lot more fun for the kids. I've been meaning to take my kids up to the planetarium, it sounds like a lot of fun!

Steoger's said...

Hooper park rules! I take my kids there too when it's too hot. So glad you're having some fun.